[Case Study] Multidimensional Customer Success Engagement Uplevels Global Team
Seeq Corporation, a global leader in advanced analytics for the process manufacturing industries, delivers self-service, enterprise SaaS solutions to accelerate critical insights and action from historically unused data. Oil and gas, pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, utility, renewable energy, and numerous other vertical industries rely on Seeq to optimize business and production outcomes, including yield, margins, quality, and sustainability. Seeq is a privately held virtual company with employees across the United States and sales representation in Asia, Canada, Europe, and South America.
With a recent transformative company initiative that included the formalization of the Customer Success team, Seeq was in need of establishing foundational tools to grow and scale the team. The Seeq Customer Success Team’s mission is to ensure that the customer implementations, trainings, launches, and overall product adoption are successful such that customers become raving fans of Seeq’s platform and continue to renew. The team had a hunger to learn how to apply strategic thinking, tools, and techniques to deliver for customer segments around the world. The CSMs were experts on Seeq software, but needed to learn how to become experts about their customers.
To address these pain points, the following business outcomes were identified:
- Formalization of the customer success organizational structure
- Mapping and documentation of the customer journey
- Author a customized success playbook
- Selection of a Customer Success technology platform
- Execution of training and enablement for the global Customer Success team
“Our mission to be customer centric really came to life after working with the Growth Molecules Team. Through a series of interactive education sessions [completely without presentation slides!], our Customer Success Managers now know how to leverage best communication practices, host executive business reviews, and leverage customer personas to identify expansion opportunities.Additionally, the customer segmentation and customer journey mapping workshops were instrumental in our growth. Where we previously lacked clear cross-functional understanding on how to smoothly handoff between teams, we now are a cohesive team working together with a customer journey on which we align our practices and language.”
The Seeq Global Customer Success team is now supercharged for success to serve their customers with both the domain expertise AND the tools to best drive customer outcomes. Concepts taught and methodologies deployed are now part of the team’s culture and ongoing operational practices.
Since partnering with the Growth Molecules Team, Seeq has experienced:
- A 30% increase in team productivity – less time on administrative tasks and more time spent with customers.
- A measurable and repeatable Net Promoter Score that consistently measures 50+
- Introduction of Customer Success Qualified Leads
- Best in class Gross and Net Retention, both 95%+
After the Growth Molecules’ engagement, CSMs:
- Are leveraging Gainsight as their customer success platform.
- Run all customer calls with the same professional framework, also ensuring that transitions from Sales to Services are smooth.
- Understand why customer visibility is critical and how to keep “the WHY” at the center of all touch points along the customer journey.
- Have cross-functional alignment on entry and exit criteria for each stage of the customer journey and how to function as a cohesive team to deliver for customers.
- Can now build Strategic Account Plans and Mutual Action Plans on calls with customers to have a joint plan for succe
Growth Molecules™ is a Customer Success Advisory firm, helping companies protect and grow revenue.
We do That in Three Ways:
- We assess your current capabilities: People, Processes, and Systems.
- We implement new solutions: Actionable Playbooks, Technology, and Training
- We execute them: Fractional Customer Success Leadership, Success, Leadership, and Support Training.
Growth Molecules™ is the ideal partner in revenue growth and customer success management. Our proven methodologies swiftly identify organizational needs, and strategically plan solutions to positively impact business outcomes. Our team of award-winning strategists are former customer success leaders who understand what it takes to increase revenue through customer success. Don’t take it from us, take it from our customers through case studies and G2 Reviews to prove it. Contact us today to get started on your customer success optimization journey.