[Case Study] Screencastify: Maximizing Customer Success Professional Development
Screencastify is an education technology company serving over 15 million people in over 190 countries, with clients ranging from students to technology professionals. The company offers a simple-to-use platform for recording, editing, and submitting videos. This growing virtual support platform has become a go-to technology for companies seeking virtual communication solutions in customer support.
The need for platforms like Screencastify grew across education and global businesses in 2020. The growing demand turned the formerly education-focused company towards a new segment, serving business-to-business (B2B) software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies. The Screencastify customer success team hired to help the new market consisted of former educators, administrators, and sales enablement professionals. The team was trained internally on the power of Screencastify, but now they needed professional training on essential skills, including difficult conversations, negotiation best practices, and strategic outreach.
Melissa McMillan, Vice President of Customer Success, had been through several training programs in her career and was seeking an education partner that provided a different kind of learning for her newly appointed team. That’s when she learned about the Growth Molecules™ CSA Accredited Education Program. The customer success, support, and leadership series offer a highly interactive program that includes polls, role-playing, customized scenarios, and engaging learning experiences. The programs are built for the way adults learn.
Vice President of Customer Success at Screencastify
“We brought in Growth Molecules because our challenge was that the market during the pandemic surged a necessary need (and funding), but now we have to pivot how to continue to highlight the need for our tools that are seen as valuable to our users outside of necessity. Our team has innate skills on how to support our user and the relationship, but now we need to expand our knowledge in sales enablement within Customer Success, as we further expand our market outside of educational institutions.”
No PowerPoint. No theory. No preaching.
Each weekly online session ranged from 55 to 75 minutes and proved instrumental as part of Screencastify’s company growth strategy. The employee morale, efficiency, confidence, and output increased.
Over a six-week customized Growth Molecules™ Customer Success Education Foundations Level 1 Program, the Screencastify Squad, and their leaders achieved the following:
- 83% agreed the program exceeded their expectations, professional development, and growth.
- 100% believe their time was well spent and used each week effectively.
- 100% agreed the weekly 75-minute sessions kept them stimulated and engaged.
- Two-thirds of graduates felt the Breakout Activities or Role-Play allowed them to practice in a safe environment.
- Nearly 100% of students felt comfortable engaging in each session using various engagement tools (i.e., reactions, chat, unmute, polls).
- Entire team alignment on roles and customer impact.
- Training & Enablement for customer success and account management teams
- Customized Training sessions on leading professional meetings and executive business reviews to ensure alignment companywide.
- Leading Effective Business Meetings
- Customer Communication Best Practices
- Mastering the Art of Nojitsu
- Starting the Renewal at Kick Off
- Time Management & Proactive Customer Management
- Difficult Conversations
Growth Molecules™ is a Customer Success Advisory firm, helping companies protect and grow revenue.
We do That in Three Ways:
- We assess your current capabilities: People, Processes, and Systems.
- We implement new solutions: Actionable Playbooks, Technology, and Training
- We execute them: Fractional Customer Success Leadership, Success, Leadership, and Support Training.
Growth Molecules™ is the ideal partner in revenue growth and customer success management. Our proven methodologies swiftly identify organizational needs, and strategically plan solutions to positively impact business outcomes. Our team of award-winning strategists are former customer success leaders who understand what it takes to increase revenue through customer success. Don’t take it from us, take it from our customers through case studies and G2 Reviews to prove it. Contact us today to get started on your customer success optimization journey.