[Case study] Gaggle: Growing Customer Success as a Revenue-Driven Team
Privately Held, B2B Educational SaaS Company
A pioneer education technology SaaS company that serves K-12 districts to manage student safety, was looking to invest and empower their Customer Success Team and evolve them as a revenue leading, sales generating team. This privately funded company has been dedicating their mission and service for over 20 years, in helping hundreds of districts avoid tragedies and save lives within available school technology.
A rise in mental and emotional health made companies like this participant have an instantaneous value proposition, however the demand highlighted competitors to come to the surface. Communicating value propositions with customers for long-term success was not previously as strategic, where the team needed to revisit skills on how to establish value proposition across multiple stakeholders and departments within a district or organization. This in addition to funding now not as available as during the pandemic, the time for Customer Success to expand as sales-enabled contributors and leaders for expansion growth, was more prevalent to building internal capacity. While some of the existing team members and leaders had prior customer success, expansion, and/or SaaS experience, a number of team members were transitioning teachers or former customer support staff within a Customer Success role. The expansion of the team including the revenue-owning responsibilities, left a knowledge gap of leading difficult conversations and goal setting. The team needed to become streamlined in how to best serve customer outcomes and their company’s best practices by starting conversations early about expansion/renewal, proposing solutions on outcomes or needs, all while building trust to form deeper relationships and help navigate through education politics that may occur.
Over a six-week customized Growth Molecules™ Customer Success Education Foundations Level 1 program, this customer success team and their leaders achieved the following:
- 100% believe their time was well spent and used effectively each week
- 88% agreed the program stimulated their interest and exceeded their expectations, professional development, and growth
- 100% of graduates felt the variety of opportunities such as Breakout Activities or Role-Play allowed them to practice in a safe environment
- Majority of students felt comfortable engaging in each session by using a variety of engagement tools (ie: reactions, chat, unmute, polls, breakout rooms)
- Full team alignment on roles and customer impact
- Methodologies within Training & Enablement for customer success and revenue teams practical to use and easy to remember in day-to-day roles & responsibilities
- Customized Training sessions included leading professional meetings, handling difficult situations, and negotiation strategies set up team for success in Q2/Q3 renewal efforts
Growth Molecules™ is a Customer Success Advisory firm, helping companies protect and grow revenue.
We do That in Three Ways:
- We assess your current capabilities: People, Processes, and Systems.
- We implement new solutions: Actionable Playbooks, Technology, and Training
- We execute them: Fractional Customer Success Leadership, Success, Leadership, and Support Training.
Growth Molecules™ is the ideal partner in revenue growth and customer success management. Our proven methodologies swiftly identify organizational needs, and strategically plan solutions to positively impact business outcomes. Our team of award-winning strategists are former customer success leaders who understand what it takes to increase revenue through customer success. Don’t take it from us, take it from our customers through case studies and G2 Reviews to prove it. Contact us today to get started on your customer success optimization journey.